Responding to market demand for new digital tools to improve operations, Cargill’s Format Solutions business has unveiled iNDIGO™, its new animal feed formulation software designed to calculate more precise feed and nutrient recommendations.
“iNDIGO is the next generation software that will help our customers use formulation as a true business planning tool,” said Ian Mealey, product line director, Format Solutions. “Our customers’ needs are changing, and formulation software must also change so its users can continue to run successful businesses and help their customers thrive.”
Designed by Format Solutions nutritionists and formulators, iNDIGO offers a wide-range of features, including:
- Reviewing and editing nutrient data across multiple production sites and time periods
- Increasing accuracy of forward evaluations by reflecting the true variability in all data inputs
- Leveraging a SQL database for better communication of information between stakeholders and integration with other systems Highlighting and communicating critical business information such as ingredient requirements, product costs and nutritional details
- The flexibility to customize reports and integrations according to the users’ requirements
- Closer modeling of the real world through new optimization features
These data management and optimization features provide customers with a more complete and accurate formulation picture to help them make cost-effective recipe design and ingredient purchasing decisions.
iNDIGO is presented with a new, dynamic, user-friendly screen layout that features:
- Flexible filter and search facilities to quickly find the data required
- A wide range of data management tools and features, easily accessible in an easy to use workflow
- Full data visibility across production sites and time periods
- Detailed on-screen reports and graphics, including nutrient and cost contribution reports, variance reports, ingredient requirements summaries
“iNDIGO provides a customizable, flexible and secure formulation solution,” said Bruce Feist, managing director for Format Solutions. “This new offering is part of our overall strategic approach to provide formulation, operations and digital nutrition technology solutions for our customers, and is backed by a team of knowledgeable industry and technology professionals around the world, who are experts in helping our customers with important assessment, formulation and planning support.”
Driven by Cargill’s mission to nourish the world, Format Solutions, wwwformatsolutions.com brings greater precision and performance to the feed and food industries. We utilize data, proprietary nutrient concepts and economic models to optimize formulas and ensure operational efficiency. Format Solutions operates as a separate and distinct business and is the global leader in delivering a state-of-the-art platform of digital capabilities and solutions to its customers that leverage the organizational knowledge and expertise in animal and human nutrition and mill and farm operations. The organization has more than 17,000 users in more than 90 countries, and has team members located in offices in Minneapolis, MN and Woking, UK, and in additional locations around the world.
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and 150 years of experience. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. For more information, visit www.Cargill.com and our News Center.
About Cargill Animal Nutrition
Cargill’s animal nutrition business has more than 20,000 employees at more than 275 facilities in 40 countries. Fuelled by our innovation and research, we offer a range of products and services to feed manufacturers, animal producers, and feed retailers around the world, helping put food on the plates of nearly one billion people around the world every day. Cargill’s animal nutrition business offers a range of compound feed, premixes, feed additives, supply chain and risk management solutions, software tools and animal nutrition expertise that is unmatched in the industry. For more information about Cargill Animal Nutrition, visit www.Cargill.com/feed.